CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ameera is getting ready for kindergarten!!

I know Ameera won't start kinder until the end of August, but I am already so emotional. We have already started the preperations. On Tuesday she had her doctor appointment and received all her shots. It was so traumatic for my poor baby and for me too. I have held down many a children and watched them get shots or a TB test over the years of working with Public Health, but it is such a different experience when it is your own child. I wanted so bad to get up with Ameera in tow and run out of that IZ room, but I know she needs her shots. She is so funny. That night as we laid in bed, she told me, "Mom, next time we go to the doctor and Dr. Brahan is done checking my heart and my ears, how bout you say 'OK, I am going to take Ameera home now' and don't let them give me no more shots."
She has been doing great at "school", which is pre-school at grandma's house. She is doing good with learning her letters and sounds, her numbers and recognition. Yesterday she read me a book about Mat and Sam! It is a beginners book with simple words and sounds, but still...she read it to me! (With a little help from the best grandma ever) Gosh, I can't believe my baby girl, my princess is growing up.

1 comments:

Madre of 3 said...

Oh Poor Ameera! Shots are like the "Bee Sting" all children are afraid to get. I have done this "holding down" thing with Ashley & Benny a plenty times & their reactions absolutely pained my heart. I thought I was done when Benny was 9!, but here I am again with Baby Sal & having to face it once again...But! Alas! This time, I have big brother & Big Sister to do it for me!!! & I let them! lol. Koodos to Ameera for getting through it!