God has not promised Skies always blue,
Or flower strewn pathways, All our days through.
God has not promised, Sun without rain,
Or joy without sorrow, Or peace without pain.
But God has promised, Strength for the day,
Rest for the weary, And light on the way.
Grace for the trials, Help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, And undying love.
I have this little poem up at my desk and every so often I have to look up and read it just to remind me that life may have ups and downs, trials and heartache, or be just plain stressful, but God is always with me. The last few weeks have been very stressful and I just pray for God's will. I also think of an old song and sing it when I feel really overwhelmed with life...
God has not promised me, sunshine
That's not the way it's going to be,
but a little rain
mixed with god's sunshine.
A little pain,
makes me appreciate the good times.
Be grateful, Be grateful
God desires to feelyour longings
every pain that you feel,
He feels themJust Like you.
But he can't afford to let you feel only good.
Then you can appreciate the good times.
Be grateful, Be grateful
Be grateful Becuase there's someone else who's worse off than you.
Be GratefulBecause there's someone elsewho'd love to be in your shoes.
Be grateful
My God said He'd never,never forsake you.
Be Grateful
3 comments:
Chris,
I LOVE this! I keep lots of stuff at my desk here to motivate me throughout the day. Of course chocolate works too. I miss you so much. Your kids are so precious. Isn't it strange how we were all just single and hanging out all the time and now everyone has family. My how time flies. Say Hello to your family for me. Miss ya.
Jenny Jen
Chris - God is in control. Call me!
I JUST WROTE TO SAY I LOVE YOU!! I JUST WROTE TO SAY HOW MUCH I CARE.LOL
IM SO GLAD THAT WHEN YOU FEEL THE PRESSURES OF LIFE YOU ARE LEANING ON GOD. THOSE OLD SONGS WILL KEEP YOU THROUGH THE STORMS OF LIFE. CALL ME! LETS DO LUNCH SATURDAY??
Post a Comment